Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Bowling! Yay!

Every week we bowl with the media league, and by "we" I mean Team Chicagoist (adoringly also known as "Team Don't Fuck Up"), and by bowl I mean I sit and drink beer and bourbon and watch Mich and my fellow writers bowl. But this year there's a rule that says all players need to be there by a certain time so I've been getting to the lane's earlier and occasionally actually bowl to fill a space while we wait for other writers to show up.

But last night a fourth never showed up so I ended up bowling all three games. And got really high scores in all three (one of them I think might have been a personal best or close to it, though I think there was once a game a decade or so ago I broke 200, but that might be a wishful dream more than an actual memory).

And Team Chicagoist won last night too! Which, to be fair, this season is shaping up to be one where we're looking pretty competitive.

Anyway, my takeaway was that sometimes I think I actually do like being a participant and not just an observer of things.

No comments: