Wednesday, July 18, 2012

How did I miss celebrating the 10th anniversary of my blog?!

Friday, May 24, 2002. That was the day of my first entry on this website. It was a reprint of one of my Tankboy emails, a series that had been running since 1995 and was a precursor to what would become known as blogging, but it marked the beginning of what I still consider the epicenter of my ramblings.

Jeez, without this little outpost I might not have continued the music writing I started in 1989. And maybe I wouldn't have written for a number of online publications, the main two being donewaiting and Chicagoist. Oh who am I kidding, I'd still be writing, but without the opportunities this place opened for me maybe YOU wouldn't be reading what I write.

Thankfully you, and a whole lot of other people, are. And hopefully I've had an honest effect on you, because that is the highest praise I could hope for.

It's true times change. While I still write here regularly most blogs I've read that didn't go pro or get subsumed by larger media properties are long gone. And if you want a true pulse of where I'm st you probably follow my Twitter or Tumblr or Chicagoist.

Times change. And often I change with them. And even more often, professionally I'm ahead of the curve. But through it all I haven't abandoned this little corner of the Internet.

And since you're reading this, let me sincerely thank you for not abandoning it either.

I'll try not to miss this place's 20th anniversary.

And again, thank you. So very, very much.

No comments: