Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Late night work session.

Working on stuff for both the 9-to-5 and other more entertainment-minded endeavors. I've been trying to spend more time reading--taking in topics both light and heady, current and historical--and it's having a positive effect on me. I tend to forget that the brain needs stimulus outside its own machinations in order to really be working optimally. I've been mildly obsessed with sounds from the past, primarily The Pixies and David Bowie. I find it reassuring. Even so , at the same time I've been sucking in ridiculous quantities of new music again. The upside is that much of it is good. The downside is that I haven't had time to properly process it yet so even a simple question like, "What are you listening to?" can trip me up and send me into a spiral where I grasp at artist names and my hands are met by smoke escaping through my fingers.

There are worse afflictions to suffer, I am well aware.

No comments: