Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Age versus edge.

I lived in Humboldt for many, many years. Honestly, I liked it. Until I started dating GalPal. The last place I lived was right across from the park, on North, and while the scenery was terrific, that particular corner and slice of neighborhood was not. I actually would get nervous walking from the bus stop to my house sometimes, and that was a total of 500 feet, tops. I realized that while I could deal with that sort of thing I really didn't want to force my girlfriend to, so we moved and I finally settled down in the relatively safe confines of Bucktown. This was a move a younger Tankboy would have punched me in the face for and then make fun of me for being a yuppie sellout. Whatever, we feel safer. And I'm pretty sure that despite where I live I'm still more rock and/or roll than yuppie. At least I hope so.

But man, I do still really miss living right across from Humboldt Park sometimes.

2 comments:

Diann said...

I dunno, Humboldt Park is getting nice. All I see are couples, runners and people walking their dogs when I drive through the park. Of course, it may be different at night...

Tankboy said...

Totally depends on what block you're on. A lot of Humboldt Park is indeed far nicer today!