Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Talkin' bout the tunes of today.

I reviewed the new Wilco album today and mostly dig it. I also reviewed the latest disc from The Rapture ahead of their show tomorrow night at Metro. Incidentally this is a show I've been looking forward to because if the band can harness even half of the jubilance they stuffed onto their new album the show should be an out-and-out dance party to remember.

Just remembered the Foo Fighters are backing Roger Waters on Jimmy Fallon tonight too. I wonder what they'll play?

UPDATE: Wow, Foos + Waters played "In The Flesh!" I was honestly expecting "Have A Cigar," but I'll settle for this, no problem! Also, I bet Dave Grohl was happy to do something NOT related to a certain anniversary being celebrated by his old band.

2 comments:

$in said...

Too bad they didn't do In The Flesh Part II. That would have been interesting.

Tankboy said...

I always hope whenever someone does that song they'd just meld both halves together. Same for "Pigs On A Wing" (which actually does so on the 8-track version, I'm told).