Thursday, January 13, 2011

If you live in Chicago, and enjoy beautiful sounding things, here is what you must do tonight.

If you live in Chicago, and enjoy beautiful sounding things, here is what you must do tonight.



Man, I've been writing online copy for too long, I've already spilled the whole call to action in the headline! So much for the sneaky reveal. Seriously though, if you love music, you MUST see The Besnard Lakes at Lincoln Hall tonight. I raved about them earlier last year, and they easily made my list of the top twenty albums of 2010, and they don't come to Chicago that often (they're rom way up in the wilds of Canadia) so this qualifies as a CAN'T MISS SHOW.

Yeah, I know from the photo above they look like a bunch o' free lonvin' hippes but I assure you they most certainly are now. They are loud, choral, beautiful, menacing, enticing, and aurotic. When we saw them in Millenium Park last spring their show had a spiritual quality but I suspect that the smaller room of Lincoln Hall will transform the band into a much heavier presence.

Further enticement? GalPal and I will be there, so you can honor yourself by buying us beers.

Even further enticement? Here's a tune to sample. I'll see you there tonight.

2 comments:

Pinto and the Bean said...

We read about this show on various blog sites, and didn't really take a moment to listen to this band until we read your take on this band. This song is really cool. It seems they'd put on a very intimate show. We're about to check out their web site.

Pinto and the Bean

Tankboy said...

They ended up putting on a FABULOUS show. Read all about it.