Thursday, December 30, 2010

Time to listen to my favorite tunes of 2010!

Time to listen to my favorite tunes of 2010!

As promised yesterday, here it is, my yearly musical gift of my favorite tracks of 2o10. You can see the full list of what's included at the end of this post. The biggest difference between this years list and last is that pop has dropped back behind guitars in most of the songs. I'm not exactly sure why, but I think it's because in the last few years pop and mainstream stuff was getting willfully weirder but in 2010 most artists seemed to coast on their past sounds without really trying anything new, thereby sucking a lot of energy from their output. Rock and/or roll, on the other hand, seemed to just kick out a larger percentage of tunes I just enjoyed listening to.

So anyway, if you want a broader treatise on my view of music in general in 2010, please do check out my proper "Best Of" post. Now feel free to download my top tracks, play them at a party, delete the ones you never want to come up on your shuffle setting ever again, buy the albums of the band's whose tunes interest you and please do let me know what you think of the whole thing!

DOWNLOAD: The Top Tunes of 2010: One Man's View

2 comments:

c said...

no matthew dear??

thanks for this!

Tankboy said...

Matthew Dear just didn't rock my boat as vigorously as he did for others.