Thursday, April 08, 2010

Sometimes the days, they go speeding by.

Sometimes the days, they go speeding by.

This week has been a blur. Usually if I end up going out on an off night (Sunday / Monday) like I did for Monday's Rehab / Lollaplaooza party it throws everything off, and by Wednesday my mind is wired to perceive Friday as just around the corner, making Thursday that much more frustrating. Not the case this time around. At the 9-to-5 I've been really busy juggling a bunch of small projects so I'm sure that's kept my mind so occupied I barely notice the passing of time. I've been working later than usual but getting to bed earlier than usual and I actually think that's slightly confused my internal rhythms, setting them off-kilter in a positive way. Maybe it's like how when you're at the gym they tell you to shake up your routine every once in a while to keep your system off balance a bit and keep your muscles from getting bored and complacent? Something like that.

Of course I don't miss the humor in being a person who, due to covering shows and going to parties and DJing, doesn't really have what one would call a predictable schedule to begin with, but I'm feeling rather rejuvenated so I'll take whatever works whenever it works!

This post was composed to the soundtrack of a beagle snoring in the background.

No comments: