Thursday, February 04, 2010

Beating faster than a hummingbird's.

Beating faster than a hummingbird's.

Was just having a dream* I was in the middle of a plane crash, it had just hit the ground and was in the midst of breaking apart as It tore across the ground, when my alarm, clock -- which itself is basically an explosion of static and beeping.

I almost had a real-life heart attack!

*
It should be noted I've had this dream before, and it's more from the vantage point of a Hollywood blockbuster, and while the crash itself catches me by surprise every time I wouldn't classify this as a nightmare because -- as the vehicle is breaking up and tearing along the ground -- I know the very next scene will involve me waking up in a hospital room miraculously unscathed. This is why I suspect the intruding sonic stimulus from the real-life waking world scared the licing fuck out of me.

3 comments:

Gage1 said...

i have a very similar dream frequently... but i think it stems from my fear of flying combined with my desire to travel...

Tankboy said...

I think it's also worth noting that I was watching Fight Club just before bed so that airplane scene probably triggered my recurring dream...

Mich said...

I thought you bolted out of bed pretty oddly this morning...

I also had a bad dream the other night, some chick kidnapped me for some reason and I kept trying to call you but she had replaced my phone with a foreign decoy sim card so it wouldnt call out. On the bright side, i remembered your phone number!