Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A foursquare PSA: Go Off The Grid!

A foursquare PSA: Go Off The Grid!

Now that foursquare has made it clear people can check in just about anywhere and everywhere, I've decided to follow their rules and track my day's progress even more closely. Of course this comes with two potentially huge downfalls I could a) lose friends and followers due to an overabundance of information sharing and b) I could allow creepy stalker types a lovely opportunity to keep a close eye on where I am at all times.

Of course there's an insanely easy answer to this conundrum; When you check in DON'T alert friends or Twitter! It's easy to just untick that option for each check-in thus sparing your friends' Twitter streams and depriving wack-a-doodles from knowing where you are at all times.

I've decided i'll publicly check-in to places I wouldn't mind a friend, or even someone on Twitter I've never met face-to-face, walking up to me and saying hi.

Pretty simple, huh?

No comments: