Monday, December 07, 2009

White noise, and other stuff.

White noise, and other stuff.

My alarm in the morning is like a sonic bomb. I have the radio set between stations with the volume way up so at the desired time and abrupt explosion of static wakes me up. It's loud, it's crude, it does the trick.

Holy hell, is that show outside? And not just a little snow? Oh well, it's only an 8 minute walk to the train. And thank god I don't drive or depend on the bus for work any longer, otherwise I'd have to pad another 30 - 45 minutes into the morning's commute. Also, and I was saying this to tease some recent transplants to Chicago yesterday but it really is the truth, if it's snowing you know it's reasonably warm, otherwise the snow wouldn't be able to form.

I have to charge my camera battery. Tonight is a show I've been excited about for months. Sloan is at Lincoln Hall. It's all ages so I'm a little worried about shooting the band since the kids tend to be less than accommodating to photographers -- they're so excited they don't want a second of their view obstructed and often don't believe I'll really be out of their way in a minute or two -- but in the end who the fuck cares? It's Sloan! If all I get to do is watch and listen to one of my absolute favorite bands in the whole wide world than so be it.

O.K., let's get this day into gear!

(Also, I recommend clicking the pic for a bigger dose of Pickle the Kitten.)

No comments: