Thursday, September 03, 2009

Wherein I discover at least someone at The House Of Blues has a heart.

Wherein I discover at least someone at The House Of Blues has a heart.

Usually I avoid shows at House Of Blues. It's a nice room, and it sounds good, but if you're press it seems like something ALWAYS comes up there, and it's just a hassle. I mean, even if you want to check on things ahead of time you can't even get through to a living human being on the phone! (I tried calling for 45 minutes yesterday, everything from box office to restaurant to store in hopes of getting a hold of a live person, but was put on endless hold awaiting a "phone ambassador" that never materialized.)

So we get there yesterday an this is what happened:
  • Got to the window and tell them I'm on The Living Things guest list.
  • Discover I've been given two tickets (I only needed one) but there's no photo pass.
  • I tell them I need a photo pass to get into the venue with a camera, maybe I'm on The Cult's list?
  • No photo passes at all.
  • I call the tour manager.
  • There is ZERO signal in House Of Blues so it goes directly to voice mail.
  • A friend of mine outside actually needs a ticket so I give him my extra.
  • After 30 minutes calling and texting to no avail, I hike back 6 blocks to drop of my gear in a friend's car.
  • Get to car, drop off camera, and discover my ticket has fallen out of my back pocket during the walk.
  • Scour the streets retracing my path in hopes I find my ticket.
  • Nope, no ticket.
  • Get to House Of Blues, explain my situation to the box office.
  • They can't help. They can't give me another ticket.
  • I ask if they'll call back and ask for the tour manager.
  • They call. I wait outside. Things don't look good.
  • Box office girl opens door, comes over to me, hands me a ticket and say, "You better not be lying or I'm gonna give you a spanking!"
The show was pretty great.

No comments: