Thursday, August 06, 2009

Not going to Lollapalooza this year? Well, there's still plenty of fun to be had!

Not going to Lollapalooza this year? Well, there's still plenty of fun to be had!

In a little over twelve hours my Lollapalooza weekend will kick off with Andrew Bird at Schubas, and I expect it won't slow down until somewhere right around 4 a.m. Monday morning. However, I've had a hand in trying to make sure folks that can't make it to / afford / don't wanna go to the festival still have fun weekend options! Yay you!

Tomorrow night at The Old Oak Tap Rudy is graciously covering my usual shift (I'll be back there covering his shift next week) and by my estimations it should be the place to be tomorrow night. Excellent food, killer tunes, a possible depantsing by Keep and/or 'Balls. Fun, fun, fun!

Saturday night I helped put together a show at Subterranean. It is a show that has been beset by tragedy (the entire original line-up had to cancel for one reason or another) but the upswing is that I've been introduced to two new bands I probably would have never thought of booking in the past! MANY thanks to Shaun Barrett for his aid, and to my Twitter pal Jess for hers. The evening will mark the Chicago debut of Archie Powell & the Exports, and Verona is opening. Please come on out and check out two exciting new local groups!

And me? Well, I'll probably check in tomorrow, with a few links to Chicagoist Lolla stuff we have going up later today. Other than that, wish my ailing frame luck in making it through the next couple of days intact.

No comments: