Thursday, July 09, 2009

Upping my game and seeing old friends.

Upping my game and seeing old friends.

Just got my Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 50mm lens in the mail! I've asked a bunch of my extremely talented photographer friends what lens I should buy to up my game and every one who was kind enough to gift me with their advice named this as the lens to have, especially for shooting concerts. (And yes, I'm aware that the 1.4 KICKS ASS, but I reckon I better make sure I can handle the $100 lens before tackling the $400 one, right?)

I'm considering bringing it to tonight's show with Rachael Yamagata and Bumpus to give it a test run. My history with this crew goes way back -- if memory serves I think the last show Rach played with Bumpus was the NYE gig I booked for them at The Note lo those many years ago -- so I'm excited to see them all together again. I haven't been officially told they will actually perform any songs together but c'mon, how could they not? Hopefully we'll be able to all go out for drinks afterward, especially since the last time Rach was in town we all got kind of, um, sloppy drunk pretty quickly. (So drunk that when GalPal and I closed out tab I didn't even notice he was grossly overcharging us.)

Anyway, this is my way of saying that you should go see this show too. It's at Logan Square Auditorium tonight and also features Darren from The Changes spinning between sets. As if that weren't enough, it's also for a good cause to support the health costs incurred by our friend Irena's father due to an unexpected and devastating health condition.

Bottom line; there's a party tonight and you're all invited!


No comments: