Friday, July 24, 2009

In quiet repose ... NOT!

In quiet repose ... NOT!

Friday, Friday, Friday, what to do? Oh yeah, tonight I'm going to get my face blasted off by the legendary Wrens at Schubas. This'll be my first time seeing 'em indoors since Scott brought them over to open for Local H a few years ago, so I'm really looking forward to it. I'm bringing my camera, but if it's too crowded -- and I bet it will be -- I'm just going to hang in the back and bathe in the music without worrying about "getting the shot." Fuck that, this show is too awesome to do anything but pay attention to the band.

Speaking of bands, Stellastarr* was great last night, but their tour manager was a jerk. I won't go into it, but the whole exchange was a great example of one party reacting mechanically while the other was trying to communicate something that would make the night a whole lot easier. In the end did it matter? Naw, so I'll leave it at that.

Hey, guess what?! Tomorrow is when Rudy and I storm the DJ booth at The Continental and unleash all kinds of madness! So after you've stopped by the Fabian Guerra benefit show at Double Door, come on by and get down to our now sounds of tomorrow and yesteryear! Sounds from the underground! Streams from the mainstream! KICK ASS TUNES!

O.K., perhaps that was the coffee talking at the end there.

And now, a picture of Pickle the Kitten in a rare moment of personal reflection.



(And just after the shutter snapped, she tried to claw my face off. It's how she shows affection.)

No comments: