Thursday, June 11, 2009

Extracurricular activities to fight the summer blues.

Extracurricular activities to fight the summer blues.

It's one of those mornings where I sit down to write and nothing wants to surface. I think some of that has to do with the weather. Ferchrissakes it's June and it's chilly and wet and we've only seen the sun in brief spurts and isn't the Chicago summer the reason we suffer through it's brutal winters?

I'm feeling a bit gypped by this.

If you live in Chicago and feel like lifting your spirits might I recommend attending tonight's live taping of Wait Wait ... Don't Tell Me in Millennium Park? I've arranged for GalPal and I to have seats for it, but if you just want to hang out on the lawn say hi to my colleague Amanda at her Tweet-up on the lawn.

Afterward I'm going to try and catch old time favorites The Starlight Mints at Bottom Lounge. I've got a piece going up on them on Chicagoist later today, so I'll just say you should go see 'em too.

And I took tomorrow off, so let's do it up tonight!


A cloudy day at Millennium Park by onlymayday

No comments: