Thursday, May 21, 2009

Still.

Still.

It's a beautiful morning. The sun is lazily rising, our windows are open, birds are chirping, kitties are prowling thou the apartment and the building is still and silent. I suspect I'm the only person awake in the world right now. At least that's how it feels.

When you lead a life like mine, the concept of "solitary" is pretty foreign. I'm always on the go. And even when I'm not, even when I'm just sitting on the couch reading a book, I'm still surrounded by people. I like that, and my life is structured that way. Moments like this, moments when I truly feel like I'm the only person on earth, moments when I really experience the foreign notion of solitude, moments like this are rare and welcome experiences.

I don't want a lot of these moments, but when they occur I remember how much I need these moments.

Sunrise Chicago by clairegren

No comments: