Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Leaving under cover of darkness and prepping for THE PARTY!

Leaving under cover of darkness and prepping for THE PARTY!

Before I stealthily make my early morning exit I'd like to welcome you all to this abbreviated work week. Even if some of you, like me, had to work for a bit yesterday, this week still feels gloriously short, right?

And that means we're that much closer to the big Chicagoist birthday party at The Whistler this weekend! However, I must be honest, and admit I'm beginning to worry about the party. For once my fear is not that too few people will show up, but too many! I chose The Whistler because it was cozy but also had a PA and DJ gear ... oh yeah, and the specialty cocktails are delicious. Of course cozy also means limited space, and the bar has a healthy crowd on Saturday's as it is, so I expect things are going to get very intimate i.e. folks better not have a problem with other folks in their personal space since I think that'll be unavoidable.

So, I urge everyone to get the early and make sure you enjoy the bands, DJs fun, free stuff, and specialty cocktail the bar is concocting to mark the occasion.

This is gonna be a great party.

No comments: