Thursday, March 12, 2009

HALP!

HALP!

Of course this happens THE DAY I leave for vacation. All of the music files on my iPod Touch have "disappeared." I say that in quotes because the "Other" file section is suddenly the same size as the music section was last night. Here's a screenshot:


The only reason there is ANY audio recognized by the iPod Touch right now is because I just loaded some podcasts to listen to this morning.

How do I get my music back? What the hell happened?! I've searched a bunch of forums but can't seem to find the answer to this...

UPDATE: I got a lot of advice, but none of it really worked, so here's what I finally did:
  1. I downloaded DiskAid.
  2. With that in place I could finally access the music folder so I copied that to my desktop.
  3. Then I deleted all the music on the actual iPod Touch, along with the iTunesDB files just to be safe.
  4. I re-loaded all the music back onto my iPod Touch through iTunes.
It was a bit of a hassle, but it appears to have worked!

No comments: