Thursday, February 12, 2009

Lollapalooza predictions...

Lollapalooza predictions...

People keep asking me who I think will play this year's Lollapalooza so I'll throw a few names out there as predictions. I would like to emphasize that these are predictions! I have no inside knowledge of any sort.

Anyway, I am almost positive Jane's Addiction will headline with the original line-up. They've already played a few small shows, Eric Avery looked to be having a blast, so it seems obvious that they will want to celebrate with one HUGE show.

I also wouldn't be surprised if The Smashing Pumpkins headlined a night. Billy Corgan would take it as some sort of validation by the current musical climate and it would serve to deliver the band a massive crowd in their hometown.

And there's one band I'm really hoping plays this year, and that's Blur with Graham Coxon in the line-up. Since they're playing those two Hyde Park gigs I think it's a definite probability, and while I can't see the band wanting to do a tour in mid-size venues I can see them playing a few U.S. festival dates.

So those are just three predictions to get the conversation started ... who do you think is going to play? (And who would you LOVE to see play?

No comments: