Friday, October 17, 2008

Around the web.

Around the web.

What do busy writers do when they’re too busy to write? Bullet point!

  • Erin and Scott are getting married. They are both ex-Chicagoists and they are both rather comfortable with the spotlight, so it’s no mystery that they are featured in the wedding issue of Time Out Chicago. I’m sure it doesn’t hurt that Scott is the web editor for the magazine. Heh.
  • I loved Bedhead back in the day, so it makes sense that I’d like The New Year … but I didn’t think I’d like them this much. Go see them at The Empty Bottle tonight.
  • I’ve mentioned it before, but the new Secret Machines kicks major guitar thundering ass.
  • It’s the last three days of The Pontiac … make sure you stop in and give the place a proper send-off sometime this weekend. I think it could be argued that the bar’s heyday coincided with the time I convinced Buddy – the owner – that Live band Karaoke would be a good idea (and it could probably be argued that band’s presence went a long way towards sustaining the bar as long as it did). I could write a book about the good times I’ve had there, and how much I’m going to miss it, but I won’t … primarily because I’d feel guilty sending that many people to jail for all the fun we had. (I say that not because we actually broke the law, but because it should be illegal for people to enjoy themselves that much!)
  • Obama Mix 1 and Obama Mix 2.

No comments: