Friday, June 20, 2008

Tempted...

Tempted...

Saw an old friend's excellent band last night. He will be playing in Bloomington/Normal over the next two nights and suggested I come down there for the show tomorrow. This would put the two of us in the midst of a whole bunch of other old, weird friends. I originally had plans with my lady friend tomorrow but they have been rescheduled due to other circumstances. So now the only thing really holding me back is money ... do I have enough to afford both gas AND beer? I also guess I'm not sure where I'd stay, but that's never been a problem since someone down there always has a floor or couch I can crash on. (I would usually stay with this guy, but I know his wife just left town on vacation and he has to watch his two adorable daughters ... and me on a bender in my old college town is not anything you want kids to be near.)

In other news, I found out an hour beforehand that Chicago magazine was sending a photographer out to Liar's Club last night to shoot photos of The Bomb Squad, so I ran over there right after the show and had about a jillion shots taken of me. I was seeing spots long afterwards. And I bet not a single one of them will end up in the magazine. But maybe they will! We shall see.

In final news, I have VIP access to Taste Of Randolph tonight (read: free refreshments!) so as long as it doesn't rain maybe I'll take my lady friend there to see Frisbie. I do love those boys dearly.

End completely self-absorbed transmission.

No comments: