Friday, April 11, 2008

Come see me and some fabulous bands tomorrow.

Come see me and some fabulous bands tomorrow.

So a little over a month ago Derron from Subterranean emailed me about putting together a show. I had a month to do it so I said, "Sure!" I had a kick-ass line-up in mind ... and then that line-up fell apart. No biggie. So I contacted a couple other bands. And then some more. And then I had suddenly gone through a couple dozen acts, none of whom could do the show due to one member or another, usually the drummer (which made me wonder if I was missing a drummer's convention or something), not being able to make it. This whole time I was trying to book a specific kind of sound for the show, and I realized I was pigeonholing myself.

Then, a little over a week ago, I decided to take a different track, and contacted one of my favorite local bands. I hadn't reached out to them because I thought they were already playing a show too close to the date, but it turns out I was wrong. So I booked them. And then a band I hadn't worked with in a while, but have loved for so long they used to have a different name, reached out to me. Suddenly everything was falling into place! The final piece of the puzzle came when an old friend was able to pull his band into the line-up, insuring a stellar night of music.

The downside, of course, is that I haven't had a whole bunch of time to promote this endeavor, so I'm counting on you. I'm counting on you to show up. I'm counting on you to tell your friends. And I'm counting on you to have a great time. You won't let me down, will you?

The details, for anyone that might be reading this as a feed sans images:

Saturday, April 12
at
The Subterranean

Tankboy presents:
May Or May Not
David Singer
tenniscourts

17+
$8
9 p.m.



And tyhe fun doesn't end there, oh ho no! Afterwards we're all trekking down to The Burlington to see Lisa and JB DJ!

Don't let me down, folks.

No comments: