Monday, March 31, 2008

Funny ol' kind of feeling.

Funny ol' kind of feeling.

Photogal and I had a fabulous break-up. There were some bumpy bits here and there, but overall it went really well. That's the nice thing about two parties coming to the same conclusion about a situation at the same time. And we've stayed really close since then, while at the same time trying to be careful and not get too close, since that's what probably derailed our past attempts to break up. Because of that we've both had pretty successful dating lives separate from each other with a minimum of jealousy. I mean, there's always going to be some jealousy, because those old feelings never completely die, but for the first time it's more a sentimental pang than any sort of upset reaction. I gotta admit though, I just noticed her status on one of the online social networking sites is no longer "single," and my initial reaction was like, "huh?" Funny how a knee-jerk response just pops right up. And the thing is it was just a split-second thing, because ultimately I want Photogal to end up super happy with a guy that can give her all the things I couldn't, and I'm sure she feels the exact same. And it seems as if we're both well on our way towards that goal, on our own separate paths. And while that still makes me a little sad at times, overall I think it makes me very happy.

Something else that's making me a little sad right now? This non-stop winter!

No comments: