Friday, February 29, 2008

Regarding my political pessimism.

Regarding my political pessimism.

In regards to my fatalistic views on the current primary process, and the chance of a Democrat taking the White House, I guess my pessimism stems from this: I couldn't even conceive of Bush being re-elected in 2004, and the fact that he was made me lose a lot of faith in the American public as a voting body. And it made me realize how differently many folks perceive the world. And how narrowly they define policy stances.

And yes, I'm being overly dramatic, and no, my views are not binding and are subject to chance in with the speed in which the political winds change, and, further, yes I open myself up to the notion that at some point one candidate or the other will truly sweep me off my feet, apply the kool-aid directly from their nipple (male or female) to my lips, and I will drink long and strong and fall under the stupefying graces of the blind adherence to political ideology.

No comments: