Saturday, January 12, 2008

It's a good day.

It's a good day.

Last night was actually pretty wonderful. We had a Friday band practice where Keep kept trotting out songs from the band's past, before I ever joined, and we just sort of fumbled through and banged 'em out. I could see PP and 'Balls were enjoying it, so I need to go back to their last album so I can replicate the drum parts a little more faithfully. They'd be an easy way to boost our set of available material by 20 minutes or so. And we worked out the arrangement of a new song, but you'll have to wait until February 2 to hear that.

Afterwards I tried to hit Liar's Club, but only lasted about 20 minutes. Usually I like the Friday mixture of drunk yuppies and Lincoln Park college students dancing. Maybe it's because school just got back in session, but last night it was a little too packed with those folks, and I just wasn't having any fun. So I met up with my friends Dan, Gina, and Amy at Mutiny. And then I got dragged to Neo. And the less said about that the better.

No, I lied, I do need to say something. At first I was super annoyed by Neo, since the attitude / behavior there is so largely manufactured and meant to replicate a time / scene that never really existed the way these kids remember it. But then I chilled and realized, fuck it, why can't folks have fun, and create their own scene? Who cares how silly I think it is if it's something they really enjoy? Right? After realizing that, I was able to just relax, do a bit of people watching, and enjoy the rest of th evening.

I really must be mellowing with age, huh?

NOTE: The photo above isn't from last night. It's from a few weeks ago, and the caption would read, "And that's when Holly realized that she was not, in fact, standing next to Tankboy, but that the man next to her was Tankboy's evil twin!

No comments: