Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Achy.

Achy.

Yesterday I noticed my muscles were feeling like I had just done a ten-mile run, but I hadn't been to the gym all weekend. This morning my left shoulder is feeling funky and I'm still super-achy. I was starting to worry that maybe I was displaying early signs of Hodgkin's (which is the sort of thing one immediately assumes when one of your best friends had cancer as a teenager) but I think that was, perhaps, an incorrect early diagnosis.

No, I just remembered I got a flu shot Friday, so these must be the after-effects, which actually makes me start to wonder. Last year was the first time I ever got a flu shot, snce my company pays for them I decided what the heck, why not get one, and last year was the first time in forever I actually got the flu.

Come to think of it, I was just miserably sick a lot in general. Which, by the way, never used to happen. This year I get the show and no sooner do I stop bragging about zero side-effects received from said shot than many side-effects settle in for a winter nap.

I'm all for preventative medicine, but aren't you supposed to utilize it to keep from feeling cruddy?

No comments: