Friday, November 09, 2007

Remember that time when, briefly at least, Mercury Rev and The Flaming Lips were pretty much sonically interchangeable?

Remember that time when, briefly at least, Mercury Rev and The Flaming Lips were pretty much sonically interchangeable?

This was also know as the "loud as hell" era, even though both bands took a turn, with vaying results, into the orch-pop badlands a few years later. I still fucking love this song ... it make me think of Schifeling and Mindy. Having sex with one and smelling the cooking of the other (erm, actions reversed from initial introduction of names). Simpler times. Back when I could actually live on $80 a week ... when now if I spend under $80 a night it's because I'm home before 9 p.m.


Credz Jess for rediscovering the video awesomeness above

No comments: