Thursday, November 15, 2007

Prince fans should piss Prince off more often and goad him into picking stupid public fights.

Prince fans should piss Prince off more often and goad him into picking stupid public fights.

So after the brew ha-ha of the moms getting (rightfully) defensive over Prince's C&D over her l'il baby getting down to "Let's Go Crazy," Prince has decided to deliver a mea culpa in the form of a free song he's urging fans to post online. I guess he must have been feeling really bad, because the peace offering comes in the form of a 7+ minute Funkadelic-inspired freak-out unlike anything the man has worked up in quite a while.

Dig it.

MP3: Prince "PFUnk"

Dig this too. I had to cancel my Bomb Squad appearance tonight since I am spinning at The Continental on Saturday. Since I'm only at The Continental every other month or so, and it requires a 6-hour DJ set, I try to keep the week around those appearances free.

Fret not, though, since Lisa and JB have lined up an awesome guest DJ for this Thursday at Liar's Club! Scott Lucas -- of Local H and Prairie Cartel fame -- will be stepping into the booth (and in front of the KISS cut-out, no word on whether he's getting made up for the evening or not)! And while I won't be spinning, I will most certainly be in attendance, so join me for a round of shots to toast yet another stellar Thursday Bomb Squad line-up!

Slightly related: Is anyone else out there getting their geek on and attending the sold-out TECH Cocktail meet-up earlier Thursday evening? If so, let me know and we'll hook up to drain away all the free booze they serve.

No comments: