Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Salvation cake.

Salvation cake.

I'm having a bit of a crap day.

I got to work to find my account is overdrawn -- WAY overdrawn due to bank overdraft fees -- and I had no idea. It's been so long since this has happened it took me off guard. I guess I spent more than I thought I did over the past week? So now I'm skint until my paycheck hits my in-box in the next day or two. I'm actually more pissed at myself than anything for letting this happen. Aren't I supposed to be an adult who is at least nominally able to keep track of these things?

And then there's a damn construction crew 20 feet away from me making the most god awful noise. They've been here for over a week. My back is in knots. It's impossible to work in these conditions. I wish I could work from home again, but I kind of need to be in the office in case any snags pop up on my project but GODDAMMIT that construction crew is driving me nuts!

The only plus to the day? Someone brought in cake. Beautiful, over-frosted, store-bought cake. So I had a huge piece. I reckon between the gym this morning and the 2+ hours I'm sure to be playing drums tonight it'll even out.

And believe me when I say I think that piece of cake saved my sanity.

No comments: