Wednesday, October 17, 2007

An odd benefactor.

An odd benefactor.

So I joined the "Ticketmaster Live" FaceBook group a few days ago to take advantage of the credit for 5 free iTunes downloads. And I download a few songs. And the next day iTunes drops it's DRM-free pricing. So for once I actually have Ticketmaster to thank for something, because if I had paid for those tracks I'd be pissed as hell right now!

In other news, I'm going to see Justice tonight. I previewed the show on Chicagoist a while ago, and the far-before piece was done purposefully since I knew the show would sell out (and it did) and I wanted folks to get their tickets while they could. Now I'm getting emails from friends both near and close trying to use me to get into the show. I wish I did have that much pull, since nothing makes a dance-rock show better than being surrounded by people close to you, hopping up and down, and sweating all over each other, but I don't. If you can find a way in, or score a spare ticket I recommend attending though, it should be lots of fun.

To get you in the mood, here's a track by the band Justice wishes they were. I originally snagged it from Discobelle, one of my favorite sites for discovering new dance tracks and cutting edge sounds from the rhythmic underground.

MP3: Daft Punk "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger (Live 2007)"

No comments: