Thursday, October 11, 2007

Jonny Greenwoods, guest DJs, and the Summer cold in the Fall.

Jonny Greenwoods, guest DJs, and the Summer cold in the Fall.

First of all, allow me to extend a hearty congratulations to the papa of all -ists, with their amazing "get" of an interview with Radiohead's Jonny Greenwood yesterday. He talks about the new Radiohead disc and the new P.T. Anderson soundtrack he's working on. Awesome. Read the interview and if you dig it, Digg it.

This evening I'm back at Liar's Club for my last October appearance; Lisa and JB will hold down the fort in the following weeks since I'll be DJing The Burlington the last two Fridays and don't want folks to get tired of my face by seeing it too many times a week. My guest this evening though, will be DJZZ (whom some of you may know as Lizz or Superbird). DJ Cowbell may also make a rare appearance. Expect a non-stop dance party. Last time Lizz DJed with me at Liar's we had all sorts of complications due to a band playing that evening that everyone forgot to tell us about, and we still managed to get folks on the dancefloor. In fact we were so good the band was scrambling to break down their gear and save their instruments amidst a chorus of dancing feet.

Balance is important and since the front end of this post is heavy with the good news, here's some bad news to keep everyone leveled out. I've got that damn Summer cold again, only now it's October! At first I thought it was just because I smoked too much and got too little sleep while camping over the weekend, and while I'm sure that didn't help I have also discovered a lot of folks are suffering from the same malady as I am. So load up on you vitamins, OJ, and sleep so you don't end up feeling as miserable as yer ol' Uncle Tankie.

Of course I also hear shots of Maker's Mark ingested at Liar's Club on a Thursday evening are good for staving off infection as well, so maybe you should skip the OJ and just do that instead.

No comments: