Wednesday, September 05, 2007

What's the deal with Cheetah Gym?

What's the deal with Cheetah Gym?

So I walk up to the doors of the Cheetah Gym Bucktown/Wicker Park location and there's a sign on the door saying it's closed "per David Wilshire" (the owner), and gives an AOL address to contact with questions. Which I think is weird, since his email has always been a Cheetah Gym one. So I go home, email him and call the other locations to see if any of them know what's up, only no one answers any of the phones. So I check the website to see what's up, only to find it's down.

So, what the hell is going on? Anyone out there know? I was just there yesterday and everything seemed fine, and I know Wilshire is in the process of building a Logan Square location and (most importantly) I already paid my dues for this month so they had better not be suddenly closing down!

Plus, I don't want to have to go through the hassle of finding another gym I like ... grrrr ...

UPDATE 1: Via our network of faithful Chicagoist readers, it has been confirmed all of the branches are closed today. It seems something is definitely up, and it does not seem good.

UPDATE 2: Oh fuck. Guess I have to find a new gym.

No comments: