Thursday, September 06, 2007

THIS would be the jam of the summer ... if summer weren't already ending.

THIS would be the jam of the summer ... if summer weren't already ending.

I don't know why, well actually I guess I do since I'm about to write the nest phrase, but this song really reminds me of Ten56. Like "play that tune off that Killers disc that isn't out yet / fucking play *stellastar NOW bitch" Ten56.*

I will play this tonight, and even if the bar is empty, the dance floor in my head will be filled with people bouncing in unions to the chorus.

MP3: VHS Or Beta "Can't Believe A Single Word"

*Man, not to get all sentimental on you or anything, but that WAS a really good time. And the funny thing is that I don't think I really recognized it at the time. It's sort of become a touchstone for how a whole group of disparate folks came together, some forged lasting friendships / relationships, and all had a really good time. I feel like we're heading that way with Liar's Club right now, but we'll never quite get that original feeling back. Nor would we want to, since that's sort of too backward looking for my taste. But it's not a bad thing to strive for the general vibe that permeated the old school Ten56.

Hmm, it just occurred to me that this footnote is longer than the post it's addending.

No comments: