Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I am neither Gerard nor Bear, but sometimes I wish I was.

I am neither Gerard nor Bear, but sometimes I wish I was.

This dude's sense of entitlement,and his whining about getting bumped from a guest-list for Calvin Harris last minute, is a really good example of why most of the "press" don't take many bloggers seriously. Plus he admits to doing this, once he got on the guest-list:
Since then, I've blogged and spun Disco relentlessly. (A couple tracks even made it into the lauded series of gkla mixes.) I even mixed album tracks and remixes for 20 minutes last night on my radio show. I was doing my best to be a Good Blogger; thankful for the chance to see a great artist at no cost, I was doing what I could to repay Calvin and Sneak Attack in blog posts and DJ spins.
Y'know, over the last 15 years or so, I've been bumped from plenty of lists, writing for both print and online outlets. Yes, it sucks. But at no time did I ever feel cheated because I had done my best to "repay" a label or PR outlet for my spot on that list?!

Anyway, Idolator shares some worthwhile thoughts on the topic, and Gerard Vs. Bear shares some hi-fucking-larious thoughts on the topic.

And since this is all a little "inside the industry" for some folks to want to deal with this early in the A.M., here is a cute picture to make up for it.

No comments: