Tuesday, August 07, 2007

That's it, that's it, that's IT!

That's it, that's it, that's IT!

Almost done with Lollapalooza. Today is the last day of coverage, and in retrospect I'm very, very pleased with what we did for the festival at Chicagoist. I didn't want day by day, band by band recaps to be the focus, since it seems everyone does that, so I recruited both music and non-music writers to tackle it more in terms of personal experience in order to relate what it's really like to be there. Almost every review you read tells what it's like to take in a show from a critic's perspective, which is why so many critics get it wrong. I wanted us to actually take you there, and I think the Chicagoist team did a fabulous job.

Today I filed my final report as well as links to pictures from day one, day two, and day three. Day two is kind of fun to scroll through since I decided not to edit them in order to give a better feel for all the running around we do, and the insane number of shots we take for each band.

I'm already looking forward to next year ... once I get a few solid nights of sleep back under my belt!

No comments: