Thursday, August 16, 2007

Oh yes, the boys are back in town.

Oh yes, the boys are back in town.


A word about the image.

A while ago my friend Gina sent me a whole slew of photos from events I attended since I had put out the call for such shots since I realized I had almost no photographic evidence of my existence over the past few years*, and the one above must be at a Venom Lords show because the original shot is of here making the face at the camera while her husband Dan smiled at their sweaty drummer boy. The image has been sitting in a folder on my desktop for months, because I just knew it'd make a fun flier, but I couldn't figure out how to make the whole thing work. Then I just decided to Photoshop out everything but Gina's goofy mus and "voila!" Perfection.

So yeah, me, Vinyl Ritchie and Fisticuffs spin downstairs at Liar's Club tonight. It'll be real. And it'll be even real-er if YOU are there to make silly song requests I can say no to.

O.K., I'm lying, we all know i love playing silly song requests ... so get there early Keep and you may hear some "When The Going Get Tough, The Tough Get Going!"

And now, let's kill about four minutes with Journey, and a truly ass-kicktastic Flash animation of "Don't Stop Believing." Seriously, about 1:30 into it you'll be holding your sides. (Credz due Maura for the Journey, and where does she get those wonderful toys links?)

*Which, when you factor in the fact that my girlfriend's nickname is Photogal, is really quite ironic.

No comments: