Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Safe from sticky fingers and sniffing dogs.

Safe from sticky fingers and sniffing dogs.

Yesterday I bought the little beauty you see to your right, there. I've been in the market for a laptop case since, well, since I bought my laptop last year* and have been needing a case to carry it around in.

Duh.

The need has become more pressing since I'm spending so many weekends in Michigan at our farmhouse, and I like to bring my computer along on the off chance we make it into town and hit a Wi-Fi friendly establishment (which happens rarely) or if I want to just settle down and watch a DVD, instead of the stars, at night (which hasn't happened yet).

Also, with the music festival one-two punch of Pitchfork and Lollapalooza, I knew I was going to need something sturdy to carry my laptop around in if I was going to try and get any writing done whilst actually at the festivals. In previous years I've always gone the old fashioned route of pen, paper, and camera; but since I have the means, why not ditch the ink and go straight to digital, huh?

(Of course, now that I think of it, I don't think Pitchfork has internet connections for the press, but I know Lolla does. I just read through my email and learned that Pitchfork will indeed have wireless connectivity. Huzzah! Now if I could just wrangle a VIP pass everything would be perfectly in line for this weekend ...)

Luckily for me, I found a bag that fit the ticket to a T (the only thing that would have made it better would be if it had a cooling unit to keep the 'puter safe from the summer heat) and it just so happened it was on sale this week at a pretty hefty discount. Bonus! The only thing I don't like about the bag is that it has two straps you can unzip to turn the whole thing into a regular backpack -- which is actually nifty -- but the when the straps aren't being used they kind of bunch up along the back. I've got to figure out some way to solve that problem short of just cutting 'em off.

So, yeah, I got a bag for my laptop. Sorry, that's all the time we have today. You'll just have to wait until tomorrow to hear about the 100+ bats living rent free in our Michigan farmhouse, or of Photogal's introduction** to a genuine back-country farm auction.


*
And, as an aside, am I glad i didn't wait until after Vista was released to get a new laptop since it sounds like Vista would have probably driven me insane by now.
**Why not my introduction? Because I use to live in Texas and, for a spell, my mom worked for an auctioneer down there, so I've seen all types of auctions.

No comments: