Monday, July 02, 2007

My thoughts on the Zeitgeist, not that you really care.

My thoughts on the Zeitgeist, not that you really care.

In fact, I'm a bit mystified that anyone is paying attention to the new Billy Corgan solo jawn Smashing Pumpkins album. Granted, the fact that Corgan played just about everything on every Smashing Pumpkins disc except drums pretty fully explains why the new disc sounds like, well, The Smashing Pumpkins.

At the same time, it sounds pretty bereft if the old inspiration that made Corgan's over-the-top theatrics stomachable in the first place.

It ain't bad, it ain't good, it ain't ain't ... it just is.

I think I still prefer Zwan, since at least then you heard someone pushing against the Great Pumpkin. But hey, if you're still pining for the Pumpkins for some reason, Zeitgeist is a reasonable facsimile.

MP3: The Smashing Pumpkins "7 Shades Of Black"

No comments: