Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Night after night after night after night ...

Night after night after night after night ...

Man, do I have a LOT going on this week. I'll fill you in with full details about each event the day of, starting with tonight 's show at Double Door.

I put together this bill to support She's Your Sister as they hit Chicago on their national tour. They used to live here, and Jenn used to be a regular at tankboy events in the past as well as playing bass in one of the longer lived Rockit Girl line-ups, so I'm always happy to help her band out since they relocated to California. Also on the bill is Black Nag, a dark, noirish country project including one of my favorite local songwriters Dorian Taj. It's my first show with them, so I'm looking forward to seeing them on the big ol' Double Door stage. Smack dab in the middle slot is Roosevelt Jenkins, a modern rock five-piece that specialized in driving emotive songs (one might even call them emo, but Rites Of Spring emo, not Fall Out Boy emo).

Here's a poster Black nag made for the show. I like it.


I couldn't find a decent quality Roosevelt Jenkins MP3 since their music page seems to be busted, but you can hear some of their songs on their MySpace page. I do have a taste of what you can expect from the other two bands, though.

MP3: She's Your Sister "Sweet Sorrow"
MP3: Black Nag "Changeling"

Also coming up this week ...

THURSDAY
I'm super excited about my first show at The Empty Bottle! On the bill are Frisbie, Spanish For 100, and Sleeps With The Fishes.

And, over at Liar's Club, we've got Icky Thump and we're playing it and giving away other White Stripes related paraphernalia. The guest DJs will be Josh De La Scala, DJ Rudy Tuesday, and DJ Fisticuffs.

SATURDAY

I'm spinning at The Continental. All by my lonesome. NO back-up! It should be a long-winded sonic treat since I haven't had a stretch of that time myself to spin in quite a while.

No comments: