Friday, June 29, 2007

Let the birthday madness begin.

Let the birthday madness begin.

It's finally here.


I'm still slightly embarrassed that this whole thing has grown publicly into a 2-day event, but it is what it is. Actually, my birthday celebration kicked off kind of quietly last night when Photogal treated me to a delicious meal at Morton's. I had a huge filet mignon and some super tasty wine. It was the BEST meal I've had in a really, really long time. Afterwards we finished our tea and coffee in the Morton's bar, and were approached by a couple who were very friendly. Very friendly, in the "let's go hit up the clubs together right away" sort of friendly. I didn't catch it right away, but Photogal pointed out that it was possible they were hitting on us. I'm so blind sometimes. And the weekend weirdness had officially begun.

Now, the public party begins. First and foremost I am extremely grateful that so many bands and DJs have come together to create two nights of kick-ass entertainment. I am sure tonight there will be much silliness, and a weird feeling of deja vu as we take over The Note. It will also be my first time DJing there since, what, 2002? There's a lot going on elsewhere in town this evening, so the fact that the party's going until 4 a.m. is a good thing since folks can attend their other events and then all make their way to my party.

If all goes well, The Beer Nuts will go on right at midnight tonight, thus officially bringing in my 35th year with a hell of a bang. Attentive types will also notice that the Saturday show is over at midnight. That is intentional. I mean, my birthday is over at the next midnight, right?

I also just found out that Saturday night Marky Ramone is DJing a few doors down, so wouldn't it be wild if he happened to show up and see the all girl Ramones cover band The Blitzkrieg Bopz? I swear I didn't plan this.

So to recap, tonight is the all-night party from 8 p.m. until 4 a.m., and tomorrow we rock from 8 p.m. until 12 a.m.

Strap yourselves in, it's going to be a wild weekend.

No comments: