Monday, June 11, 2007

The Attorneys you don't want to bury at the bottom of the ocean.

The Attorneys you don't want to bury at the bottom of the ocean.

The new UR Chicago is out and I've got another two reviews in it, so either pick up a copy or download the PDF to see what I say about the new Ryan Adams (not so great) and the new Polyphonic Spree (pretty great).

Also, I meant to mention this last month, but the mag is now offering a podcast to go along with each issue, profiling bands mentioned plus whatever else seems to be pricking up the staff's ears that month. It's usually an entertaining mix, and this month the stand-out track is definitely from The Attorneys. It's such a freaking great combination of early '80s sounding power pop and super punchy '70s K-Tel goodness (and I mean that in a non-ironic wholly complimentary way) I actually went right to iTunes to download the whole album. And I was not let down, the disc is fricking great.

No, strike that. The disc is FUCKING great.

I love it when some band I've never heard of pops onto my radar like this. They appear to be playing in Chicago at Schubas with The Safes (!) on June 22. That has the promise of being a near perfect bill if The Attorneys can deliver the goods live.

Here's the song that initially slayed me. The rest of the album is just as good.

MP3: The Attorneys "On A Whim"

No comments: