Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Socking a clarification home.

Socking a clarification home.

I've been getting a few emails about this so I should probably elaborate a little bit about the punch I took Saturday night. To be clear, it was not brought about by any sort of argument or confrontation. It was late at night, I was at a familiar club with a bunch of friends, and I saw someone I haven't run into in a while. So I ran up and grabbed him and, he not seeing me come, reflexively took a defensive swing. If you're in a bar and suddenly someone grabbed you, you would quite probably do the same. So no, there is no retribution being sought nor should anyone think I would ever condone such a thing since I hold myself as one of the accountable parties in this situation.

Now, while I'm pleased to know I can still take a punch square in the face and not only remain standing, but also remain clearheaded enough to keep everyone calm before a simple mistake elevates into a full-blown fracas. At the same time, I'm not exactly pleased to get hit, since my nose and lip are still sore, and I must have some inflammation under the surface since my sinus is pressing along my teeth causing a few of them to be a little sensitive, so be rest assured that not only do I not think it's "cool" to take a punch, I'll be doing whatever I can to keep it from happening again!

Maybe I need to start wearing a little bell around my neck so I don't take anyone off guard again!

No comments: