Thursday, May 24, 2007

If you can resist Rihanna's charms you are a stronger man than I.

If you can resist Rihanna's charms you are a stronger man than I.

I'm a bit surprised I'm with Rihanna's Good Girl Gone Bad. I expected to enjoy it, but I expected to enjoy it on the level of Amerie's latest; it would be a nice listen but probably not something that would stay on the tankPOD for too long.

Whoops.

I keep replaying Good Girl Gone Bad, and I keep waiting to grow tired of it, and that's just not happening. Rihanna has crafted an album that will BLOW THE FUCK up, filled as it is with club anthems, sweet soul, loping beats, and some general weirdness to keep everything from getting too predictable. For instance take the track "Don't Stop The Music," which starts out with a slightly cheesy eurodance dumb-beat, before breaking down into a weird cross between Daft Punk-ian house and inner city R&B before running head on into Michael Jackson's (I shit you not) "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'." the only thing keeping this song from taking over the world is that it might be a little too inventive for the average club goer.

Rihanna, I sure hope the world is as ready for you as I am.

MP3: Rihanna "Don't Stop The Music"

No comments: