Monday, March 19, 2007

Fratelli's CD release at Darkroom tonight!

Fratelli's CD release at Darkroom tonight!

It's been a while since I've spun at Darkroom, and it'll be my first time teaming up with Arturo and Arunas, so I'm totally looking forward to spinning there tonight. I've been digging the Fratelli's disc for a few months now, and I'm pleased to see they're enjoying a boost from that iPod commercial their song appears in, so I'm happy to be affiliated with the Stateside release of Costello Music. I'm going to guess that the massive hangover most of you suffered through yesterday is gone, so this is an excellent way to kick off the week.

There'll be lots of giveaways too ... CDs, posters, T-shirts, etc. Make sure you get there early to take advantage of any other "specials" that may transpire.

TONIGHT
Fratelli's CD Release Party
DJ Tankboy
DJs Arturo Vs. Johnny Kesh

9pm - 2am

Darkroom
2210 W Chicago
773.276.1141


__________

Sonically related, somewhat.

I just found out Mystery Jets are FINALLY making their way to Chicago this June. I've been loving them ever since Karen sent me a pre-release version of Making Dens a few years ago, and have been dying to take in their live show ever since hearing that mind-blowing collection. Well, they're finally making their American debut in May with Zoo Time (most of Making Dens, along a with a few newer songs swapped in) on Dim Mak, and they're decided to play somewhere beside NYC, L.A., and Austin this time around. Even better? They're be in Chicago two nights in a row ... one at the Empty Bottle June 4 and another at Schuba's June 5.

I can't wait.

Keep track of them through their blog.

MP3: Mystery Jets "Diamonds In The Dark"

No comments: