Thursday, January 18, 2007

Upcoming. Or coming up.

If you look to the right there you'll see I have a number of shows coming up at Double Door in the next few weeks. I had sort of pulled back booking-wise over the last few months, but I've rearranged my schedule and some of my priorities, so that should leave me with more time to work on the odd bill here and there.

Anyway, February 1 I have The Midnight Shows, Brad Peterson, La Scala, and TennisCourts at Double Door. I know folks in all of the bands and am rather excited about this one. It should be a night of pleasing pop topped off with a touch of soul. Also, some schmuck named Tankboy will be DJing.

February 8 is another biggie since I helped put together the Chicagoist CTRL-ALT-ROCK v2.0 show at Double Door that night. I think we've come up with a fantastic bill with The Reptoids, The Ladies & Gentlemen, Farewell Captain and The Passerines. (Did you just notice I slipped into the third person when discussing Chicagoist business? Habit.) That Tankboy guy will be spinning at that show too, but some other Chicagoist writers will be DJing as well, so that should be fun. Also, it being a Chicagoist event, you just know there's going to be free stuff involved.

I'll have discount tickets to both gigs available soon and will direct you towars a printable location as soon as I can. This little memo is just a reminder to save those dates and make sure all your dressed to impress threads are back from the dry-cleaners before the shows. I'll also put up the poster art as it comes in from each band. One thing I've really grown to enjoy in the past few years, especially with the advent of seemingly everyone acquiring basic layout and design skills via their computers, is seeing all the posters bands come up with. Of course some have been at it longer than others, and TennisCourt main man Wes Hollywood has, teaming up with his wife, long been known for creating simple, bold, and arresting designs. Here's his poster for the Feb 1 show. Enjoy.

No comments: