Friday, December 01, 2006

Break glass in case of emergency.

This is cheating. The words you are reading were actually written (are being written?) last night (now?) in expectation of the Chicagoist Happy Hour leading into LBK leading into a late night. This is being typed now (last night?) since I’m sure I’ll probably be a little slow and want to take an extra long shower and skip the gym and generally not have to think much before going into work.

So I can’t tell you how last night (tonight) was (will be) because it hasn’t happened yet, but if you’re reading this it was (will be) lots of fun.

Okay, gotta go to work (the Happy Hour).

TECH NOTE: The time stamp below reflects that actual time of posting, not the actual moment writing commenced (which, if you're keeping track on a bar graph, is (was) 6:47 PM).

__________

Gyp! Here's something else I wrote yesterday too!


December 12, Rudy Tuesday and I will be celebrating the 4-year Anniversary of The Night Formerly Known as Sweet Alice Tuesdays at The Pontiac! It will be, as I'm sure you can guess, awesome. I'm working on drink specials and free stuff to give away. Your attendance is mandatory.

And then, December 30, the night before all the amateurs take to the streets, I am hosting a terrific dance party (following a terrific show I put together as well) at The Hideout. It will be their last dance party of the year, and it's also Tim's birthday. I owe him since he took my ribbing of him in Chicagoist with such aplomb, so expect a stellar set and awesome guest DJs.

Also on December 30, across town, is my monthly Drop, Rock and/or Roll residency at The Continental! My guests that evening will be Rudy Tuesday and JB of Cherchez la Femme Wednesdays fame. How will I be at both events? I'm going to clone myself!

Anyway, you now officially have advance warning. Keep those dates OPEN!

_________

Okay, proof I'm not a TOTAL slacker.

I'm typing this live. Karaoke slayed. Thin Lizzy? The Darkness? Did we really all get up on stage and sing that? And now I have to dig out my sidewalk / car / beagle? Good morning.

Oh yeah, and the capper? Tommy frickin' Stinson?! How did THAT happen?!

No comments: