Wednesday, November 08, 2006

2008.

I am giddy from last night, for once. I hope my poli-sci teacher I had in college in 1994 isn't crying too hard right now. When Newt and his pals had their revolution that year he brought in doughnuts for the class. I'm assuming this year he brought crow.

Anyway, now that the country has a leg up, let's not fuck it up. And that is why I offer this warning.


I like the guy. Really I do. But I think it's important to note that he is no different than any other senator, as far as being beholden to big money interests.

I'm just saying, let's keep perspective from this point on and continue working towards making a change for the better.

Also, and this will tickle my family of Republicans, I'm glad Duckworth lost. She had nothing other than an Iraq war record to recommend her, and that alone is not sufficient to elect a representative, in my opinion.

Like I said, let's look at this election as the one that got a nation's belly fired up again, and keep working towards positive goals.

__________

And now, the fury.

So Photogal went to her polling place last night and was challenged. No biggie, I guess it's a democratic right, right? However after being challenged, she was then denied a provisional ballot! What the fuck?! I was / am furious. Keep in mind this happened in the middle of what is a pretty affluent area of Chicago, so I can only imagine what sort of ill informed high-jinks were going on elsewhere in our city / county / state.


__________

And finally, I have no time for this phenomenon.

No, you're not famous.

Actually, one of these "club" photogs was trying to get in Double Door last year for the Lolla after-party, and was incensed that no one knew who he was. All Photogal and I could do was laugh.

However, he wasn't all bad, because he did manage to snap this shot. Come to think of it, I actually like this guy. I guess I just don't like the scenester attitude of the attendees then. Fair enough.

No comments: