Monday, June 05, 2006

What I learned.

Here's what I learned this weekend. In the past I would look forward to weekends Photogal was out of town because they gave me a chance to "cut loose" and get a little wild. Now when she leaves, I still cut loose but I realized, and this really hit home while I was talking to a mutual friend of ours, that I'm really just trying to take my mind off the fact that I miss her when she's not here. Really miss her. I mean, I tend to spend every night she's not here sleeping on the couch, with the TV on, just because it provides a distraction.

When did this happen to me?

Anyway, that was the main thing I learned this weekend. Some smaller lesson were absorbed as well, though, and they were:

  • The new season (to us in the U.S.A.) of Footballers Wive$ looks to be a lot of fun.
  • The Riverboat Gamblers show was tremendous fun and I actually really enjoyed seeing some old co-workers at The Note.
  • The Chronicles of Narnia flick was better (and darker) than I expected. There were a few scenes where the kids were obviously and clumsily superimposed over a terribly cheesy backdrop, but the animation of most of the animals' coats of fur made up for those moments.
  • Lucy the Dog might be the only person who misses Photogal more than I do, when Photogal is out of town. She would run up to the window every time she heard a metal gate in the neighborhood open or close...just in case it was Photogal coming up the steps. Lucy and I spent a lot of quality time together. We'll both be glad to see her return later today.

No comments: