Tuesday, June 13, 2006

There, that's a lot better, don't you think?

I'm still feeling conflicted about the use of yesterday's photo in the "search for guest DJs" post. On one hand the photo is obviously staged, and it's supposed to be surfing the edge between gross-out and guffaw, and ultimately folks coming to my blog have a pretty decent idea of what sort of person I am so I really shouldn't worry about it,right? Then I think about what my mom, or a co-worker who doesn't know me so well yet, or my third grade teacher who happens to be a pretty hard-assed nun would make of it. So to make up for my possibly pushing the boundaries without actually apologizing for doing so, consider this instead as we veer far away from the precipice of eye-poppingly poor taste into the pool of overabundant cute:

Hmmm...well what do you know; that picture just so happens to link right into the message I was hoping to convey in the first place. And that message?

Join me at Pontiac tonight as I officially kick of my summer of guest DJ partners. To get things off on the right (the good (?)) foot I have asked the lovely yet tough as nails (I kill me!) DJ Cowbell to lend her certain blend of rawk to my rock and/or roll.

Plus, get this, we have confirmed drink specials:

THREE DOLLAR BUDWEISER BOTTLES!
THREE DOLLAR SHOTS OF MAKER'S MARK!!!!!

I know, can you believe it? How awesome is that? Now you can no longer blame your pocketbook/chain wallet for your non-attendance. And, as if that were not enough, I'm breaking out puh-lenty of hot new tunes that haven't hit the market yet. Come on by and listen to me test drive:

Lily Allen's Alright Still
Primal Scream's Riot City Blues
Muse's Black Holes And Revelations
The Futureheads' News And Tributes
Nouvelle Vague's Bande A Part
French Kicks' Two Thousand
Nelly Furtado's Loose
Thom Yorke's Eraser
Priestess' Hello Master
The Oohlas' Best Stop Pop
Mystery Jets' Making Dens
Klee's Honeysuckle

Plus, via special NYC delivery, I've got a copy of Young Love's "Discotech" just in case things start flagging and asses stop a'wigglin'.

Holy kramoley, huh?!

If you miss tonight I am SO revoking your cool kids club card!

No comments: